Saturday 16 January 2016

RIP Alan Rickman Day 16 30 Paintngs in 30 Days

RIP Alan Rickman
 

Jan 16, 2016
 

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
 

Day 16
 

It's been a funny day. I've been thinking about the special peole in the world. The ones who make us laugh, cry, dream and dare to test our wings. They are leaving us.
 

I sent off an entry form for an art show today then called an artist friend to cheer for me and do the happy dance because I almost missed the deadline. She was dripping wet fresh out of the shower but she did it.
Said she'd call right back after she died herself off and find out why she was cheering. She didn't even wait that long. She had to know.
 

Now that's a good friend.
 

Alan Rickman said, "He wished the world was a gentler place and that art was more robust." I do too. I feel like I lost a friend. One with a golden voice.
 

I trust he'll be remembered for more than being the man we loved to hate in Harry Potter. There was more to man than that. I feel it in my bones.
 

Anyone who said, he lurched through through life from one indecision to another is a pal of mine.
 

Anyway, in his honour, I'll try to make my art a little more robust. Once I figure out how.
 

I hope he liked boats. This one is for him to sail away to that gentler place
 

Here's today's treasure,

 
Alice Edwards 1949 --
Time to Dream
6" x 8"
oil canvas covered board





















No comments:

Post a Comment