Saturday 2 January 2016

Day 1 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Jan 1st, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge has begun:
 Day 1



Alice Edwards 1949 --
She's waiting for a name
9' x 7"
Oil on canvas
 




I learned a few things along the way today


One is to either paint in daytime under natural daylight or at least turn the lights on while you paint. I didn't do either.
 

I got off to a very late start today so it was coming into twilight nearly when I began.
 

I started painting feverishly just trying to get it down. Kept painting. I do remember thinking It's getting dark but ...
 

Kept right on painting. For those of you who don't paint it is true you paint a brighter picture if there isn't really bright light streaming down on your palette and canvas.
 

Only problem was my subject was in my head. An idea I got while watching netflix last night waiting for midnight. I wanted to be able to honestly say I began the 30 -3 0 On Jan 1st.. I was trying to be virtuous you understand.

So of course, with the thing being in my mind I just mentally kept adjusting for the changing light.. When I quit at 5:45 pm tonight I realized it was really dark in here. Oops ...
 

It was dark after midnight last night. So I just puttered laying down the notan. So it didn't matter too much then. Today it mattered ...
 

The other thing is photographing artwork requires good light. 

Something I don't have at the moment. I really will have to do something about it for tomorrow. Like paint in the daylight
 

Anyway here she is ... she needs a name any suggestions?





.

No comments:

Post a Comment