Tuesday 12 January 2016

RIP David Bowie Day 12 30 Paintings in 30 Days Major Tom

 RIP David Bowie

Jan 12, 2016
 

30 Paintings in 30 days
 

Day 12
 

Sometimes I wander about in my mind. Some would even call it time traveling. Perhaps they're right.
 

It is a bit blustery outside my place at the moment. Not a lot, but enough to tell it's winter. I'd need a warm hat, mittens and maybe even a fortifying hot chocolate before putting one tootsie outside my front door.
 

Times like this I'm glad I have my pretend fireplace as I sit sipping my oh so hot chocolate. Then my mind slipped it's leash as it sometimes does and ...
 

I'm reminded of a hot bright early fall Saturday traveling back from painting at another artist's studio.
 

I went under a bridge much like this one.
 

The change from blinding bright light to the cool shadow under the bridge and almost immediately back into the light on the other side was both blinding, and astounding for a moment until I came back to earth.
 

I wonder if that's how it was for our friend Major Tom when he left us for another place two days ago.
 

I salute you David Bowie.  

I trust you're waking them up there just like you did down here.
 

Alice Edwards 1949 --

Under the Bridge
10" x 8"
oil on canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment