Friday 8 January 2016

Day 8 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Jan 8, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days


Day 8


In keeping my theme today I recognized the People were taking over and Things had been left behind.
 

So today I resolved to even it up up. To honour that commitment and before I got carried way with people again I selected a thing.
 

It's an old Chinese tea caddy given to me years ago, by yes, an elderly Chinese gentleman whose name I'm sorry to say I could never pronounce correctly. He was a kind man and accepted that fact gracefully as he did everything in life.
 

Together we agreed I would call him Ray. Never once in the time I knew him did ever speak disrespectfully but always listened to my patter as though it was the source of great pearls which must be considered carefully and treasured.
 

It was from Ray I learned that all people were of equal value. He didn't talk much about that or anything else. He just listened and over time I learned by watching.
 

Thank you Ray

Here is today's treasure


Alice Edwards 1949 --
Tea Caddy with Blue Egg 
10" x 8"
oil on stretched canvas



   

No comments:

Post a Comment