Tuesday 26 January 2016

Day 26 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Jan 26, 2016

30 Painting in 30 Days


Day 26


Sometimes you just like something or someone and you want to show the world.
 

So today's treasure is of one of my large, in process paintings. Something about this particular painting stirs my heart. I have worked on this over a longer period of time.
 

Yes, it is not finished but it will be.
 

I work on her a little every day because she deserves to come to life. I know where her home is going to be. I'll be able to visit. I thought you might like to meet her. Beside her is the little study which began it all.
 

When you enlarge a study things change. An artist friend told me she has become presence now. She has gravitas and I can feel that too.
 

I use the word "study" loosely because I created it and her from my imagination during a demo one hot July 1st Canada Day celebration at the local museum.
 

She's been with me through all of my moves and the various ups and down in my life lately. Still, as I work on her, changing this and that, I learn more about her and how she came into my mind that afternoon in front of 200 people.
 

Pretty soon now we'll part company and I wanted you to meet her and her red blanket.
 

Maybe before we part she'll whisper her spirit name to me

Alice Edwards 1949 --
Study Red Blanket
9 1'4" x 10 1/2"
oil on birch
Today's Treasures:
 
                   
Alice Edwards 1949 --
The Red Blanket
36" x 36"
oil on canvas

          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment