Sunday 10 January 2016

Day 10 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Jan 10, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 10
 

 I generally paint in the afternoons but I have been painting this morning and I just looked at the clock. I have all kinds of daylight left.

It's a miracle!
 

Not one knock on the door. Not one phone call. Nothing. Zip. Nyet. Nada. As far as I know, the world is still out there.

The fine art of tonal painting using just three colours isn't so easy.This whole 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge is an experiment in using the Zorn palette for me.
 

This is the promise I made to myself before I started.
 

"I will learn about this limited palette. I'm not afraid to do my learning publicly, I can and will probably screw up ... but the experiment will not kill me. I will learn lots ."
 

Just three colours, red, yellow, blue, black and white. Black and white are not considered colours as such.
 

I really learned my lesson about white. You all remember the green guy? The day I left the tube of white at home?
 

In oil/acrylic/gouache painting using white is what gives light ie sunlight to the various colours.
 

I'll deserve a medal for this when all is said and done.
 

I must confess to sneaking into my own palette for a few hours. No doubt I will break out all the colours I own at some point but I'm trying to hold it together.
 

Only 20 days left in the challenge! The time is flying by.
 

Time out for tea, then it's back to the easel for me.
 

Please keep your fingers crossed for me I'm having a great time. You can find me at Alice the Artlady www.facebook.com/alicetheartlady
 


Alice Edwards 1949 --
The End of the Road 
8" x 6"
oil on canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment