Friday 29 January 2016

Day 29 - 30 Paintings in 30 days

Jan 29,  2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days


Day 29 - A Gentleman's Gentleman


Yesterday, after I left you, a painter friend dropped by and I discovered I had been saved by a miracle again.
 

I made us tea, curled up on the couch feet tucked under me. I felt good I'd posted. all was right with my world.
 

She asked me right out the blue how I'd cut myself like that?" pointing at the sole of my left foot. she said, " that must hurt."
 

"I haven't cut myself." I said. I could say that with a considerable degree of certainty because nothing hurt anywhere.
 

"There." She said pointing again at my foot. I looked and sure enough there was a nasty looking wound on the sole of my foot. Only it didn't hurt.
 

I looked again, realized that the carefully hoarded little piece of burnt sienna paint had fallen off my palette and I had stepped on it.
 

The miracle was I had walked all over the place to make tea, dump cherries in a bowl for a snack, gone into a back room, back into the livingroom, sat down, pulled my feet up and tucked them under me. Did all that.
 

And. There. Was. Not. A mark. Anywhere on the carpet.
 

The whole place is carpeted as you remember from Skip's palette adventure.
 

I'm calling it a miracle!

Here's today's 


Alice Edwards 1949 --
A Gentleman's Gentleman
9" x 7"
oil on canvas board




No comments:

Post a Comment