Wednesday 20 January 2016

Day 20 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Glenn Fry  R.I.P

Jan 20, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 20

The photography was all done in a whirlwind of equipment, heat and movement.

Merridith Edwards, came in, finished her coffee to give the lighting equipment time to warm up then got right down to business.

In minutes the lighting threw off so much heat I was sweating bullets as I ran around propping up paintings.
Had to open windows and crack the door. Merridith just smiled and said," Next."

All that heat in a small space made me think about some great musicians of our time. They stood, danced and rocked on under hot Klieg lights to bring us the sounds. The ones we grew up with, people like Glenn Fry, founding member of The Eagles who went on to a solo career.

How hot things things were on stage and off for that band. And, if I might say, how pregnant with sound and ideas that helped change a whole generation.

Make no mistake we were changed by the music we listened to. In part, I am who I am because of the big name bands of the late 60's, 70's and even the 80's.

How we loved them.

They lived life large and hard. Performers from that time were a revelation to us and to our folks.

What I do treasure about performers like Glenn Fry and those who have recently gone on to their next adventure, is the desire to explore ideas and to give birth to new ones. Although he was male he still helped to birth a generation.

So in his honour 


Here is today's treasure



Alice Edwards
Bring Forth
12" x 16 1/2"
charcoal on Strathmore paper





  

 











ps I grabbed these snaps of 
Merridith Edwards of
Little Raven Photography  on fb or at
http://littleravenphoto.wix.com/little-raven-photo




No comments:

Post a Comment