Thursday 14 January 2016

Day 14 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Jan 14, 2014 - Ice

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
 

Day 14
 

One of my favourite places in the whole world is Georgina Island. I have friends there who make me feel right at home.
 

When I first began going there it was summer and my friend really wanted me to see the ice come in in winter and to see it crawl up over the island during spring break up.
 

I personally am not a fan of ice roads for obvious reasons. People have died on that road over the years. On the other hand I dearly loved my friend. We had such good fun together.
 

She's not here with us any longer but her influence was great in the native art world and she saw to it that many young people got a chance at a better life.
 

So in honour of Wanda Baa's desire for me to see the ice crawl in the spring
Here is todays' treasure.



Alice Edwards 1949 --
Georgina Island Dock: The Ice Crawl
8" x 10"
oil on canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment