Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 5 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Jan 5, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Day 5


Today has been a day to test the patience of a saint. Earlier I was muttering about people at the door. That was nothing.
 

Today I was working in oils. I love oil paint. An artist friend sent me water miscible oil paint to try. I think I liked them but I had a little problem ...A little Miniature Schnauzer called Skip.
 

While I was talking at the door for the third interruption. I turned around just in time to see Skip leap up unto my chair to ogle a passing lady dog landing right smack dab in the middle of my palette.
 

I realize it's my fault, I should never have put it there but Skip never goes on that chair without a nice warm lap under him.
 

I yelped and slammed the door shut. The dog took off running.
Me? I was right behind him.
 

After slathering him in vegetable oil, giving him a bath and so on I walked around looking for every place he'd walked. The whole place is carpeted of course. Tomorrow will no doubt show me the places I missed
 

I went back to the easel. slightly rattled and carried on.
 

So ... here is today's treasure. Another imaginary place in my mind
 

And no, I did not put out the sign. The dog can't read.
 





Alice Edwards 1949 --
Cold and Lonely
8" x 10"
oil on stretched canvas








And here's the culprit

Name: Skip
Age: He's not telling 
Behavior: agile with lots 
of cuddling thrown in to
 keep my human happy

No comments:

Post a Comment