Wednesday 13 January 2016

Ancestral Voices


Jan 13, 2016
 

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
 

Day 13 - Ancestral Voices
 

Jan 13, 2016
30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
Day 13 - Ancestral Voices
Often so many of us feel alone. We have lost connection with the earth, with ourselves, with our fellow man and with Creator.
 

It can a miserable feeling but if you listen closely you'll hear it.
 

You'll hear the voices of all your ancestors going back to the beginning of time. You'll hear the voice of the earth as she sings in her many songs. The song of the wind, the rain, thunder, birdsong, the dog barking down the street. Children laughing, playing, talking. All are signs of life.
 

All these sounds and more comfort me in the moments when I am uncertain what to do next, who to talk with, where to turn next.
 

It sounds easy but the whole trick is to get quiet inside. Not always so simple with all the noises of our mechanical and electronic lives not to mention other people.
 

But, when I can get quiet enough, I hear them. All of them
 

And those I cherish the most are the voices of the ancestors running though my veins, heart and mind.
 

Then, I know I am never alone.    











Alice Edwards 1949 -- 
Never Alone
12" x 12"
oil on stretched canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment