Thursday 7 January 2016

Day 7 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Jan 7, 2016
   
Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
Day 7
  

Things are looking up. Went to life drawing. Wow great male model. No drift (  for you non artists that means model remained stationary even in the long poses. Being a model is very hard work. A good one s worth their weight in gold ), lots of twists and turns and foreshortening. Oodles of good stuff.
 

Except for one teeny, tiny, issue.
 

I had pretty much everything there. I worked in charcoal today. Lovely stuff. You know I really cannot figure out why I didn't like it much before.

I used to have a friend who would say to me, "We grow you know Alice" whenever I expressed surprise about something I didn't care much for prior.

So, Maggie .... wherever you are now, above or below. I get it. Your well planted seed has taken root I hope you are feeling great glee and dancing rings around everyone there . Wherever there is.
 

Now. that was a little segue. A trip down memory lane ...I  did leave my bifocals at home but I worked around it quite well if I do say so.
 

Left life drawing, finished my painting from this morning. I managed to get a photo before the beautiful overcast light was completely gone this afternoon. Skip has had his dinner and has forgiven me for leaving him home alone. He's curled up in my lap.
 

All is right with my world.
 

So ... Here's today's' treasure.

Alice Edwards 1949 --
Waiting
10" x 8"
oil on stretched canvas
Add caption







No comments:

Post a Comment