Friday 20 January 2017

Day 19 30 Paintings in 30 Days Jan 2017

feel Free to share - speakers on?

Day 19 30 Paintings in 30 Days


Burning the Midnight Oil ... 


I've never understood how people can make that Rubix Cube work.

Today ,I was given a little one about an inch by an inch by a friend at BBS. I'd noticed something I thought was a Rubix Cube key chain. It was just peeking out of a small jug up on a shelf. So I innocently asked my friend if that's what it was.


She reached up. Got the thing down and handed it to me.


I was hooked immediately.


Alice Edwards 1944 --
Burning the Midnight Oil
10" x 8"
oil on canvas board

First off I'd never seen a little one before. I've only ever seent the standard one. Pretty soon I was fiddling with it all the while talking about how I'd never been able to make the thing work into all its component colours.

 Never once in all the years I've tried it. You'd think this smaller size would improve my chances

My friend just smiled at me gently then explained how it was and what kind of mind which was required to solve the thing.


Now, I know, I don't have that kind of mind but I couldn't help myself.


My friend just smiled at me even more gently with sparkling eyes as she watched me do the same things over and over again, then calmly looked me right in the eye and said, "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result was insanity."


That would be Einstein she was quoting. I knew that much so clearly my mind is good for something unfortunately not for the whole Rubix Cube


.Somethings never change.

She sent the cursed thing home with me. I do believe it's a dastardly plot to drive me straight out of my mind and the sad thing is it's working.


Did I mention she's a friend of mine? Hrumpf...


Here's todays little treasure
Alice Edwards 1944 --
Burning the Midnight Oil
10" x 8"
oil on canvasboard

No comments:

Post a Comment