Monday 2 January 2017

Day 2 30 Paintings in 30 Days Jan 2017


feel free to share

Day 2,  30 Paintings in 30 days Jan 2, 2017



Light and Shadow


I thought I'd share more about building a painting using yesterdays' method. This traditional way to work up a painting has been around for hundreds of years. 


Here's Todays Treasure:
Alice Edwards 1949 --
Light and Shadow, A Study
5" x 7"
oil on canvas board
I'm out to develop a light and shadow pattern through underpainting  that gives form and dimension to any object. I'll use this set of principles as an exercise in creating form through light, shadow and cast shadow using only two colours.

Today burnt sienna and burnt umber plus a very, very tiny bit of white own the day and in the end will create an optical illusion of pale violet blue.


And just for fun I'll even answer questions, 


Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment