Monday 23 January 2017

Day 23 30 Paintings in 30 Days Jan 2017

feel free to share - speakers on!! 


Alice Edwards 1949 --
My Sketchbook
Any size
but with me all the time!
  Day 23 30 Paintings in 30 days

My sketchbook is my private thinking and play ground.

Like all painters, artists,writers, sculptors, choreographers, poets, musicians and so on, all creatives have some kind of notebook to capture the ideas that fly so fast and furiously through our minds.

If we don't write/draw/notate those ideas down they can be gone in an instant and some times you just know you lost a really good one.

That's not a good feeling in my experience even though so many others try to take their place.

One elusive idea can drive me right round the twist without even trying. Sometimes even years later it'll float up on the periphery of my mind. Just like a cat will tease a dog. And dog like I chase that idea (my equivalent of chasing my tail) forever or may not quite that long but certainly long enough to stir things up.

So I draw, write paint, poetry, save quotes, snatches of overheard conversations that get me thinking about something or other in my sketchbook.

Without my sketchbook I'm a lost soul. It's where I keep track of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment