Wednesday 4 January 2017

Day 4 30 Paiantings in 30 Days Jan 2017

feel free to share

Day 4  30 Paintings in 30 Days  Jan 4 2017

 
Alice Edwards 1949 --
Yellow Onions
7" x 5"
oil on canvas board

caption
DISASTER! At least once in every set of 30 Paintings in 30 Days, how shall I put this? Things go off the rails.

Last year I sat on my palette so did Skip. This year things took a different turn.


First off, this little painting has been dropped on its face five times. Each time in a attempt to fix it it went from bad to worse. It no longer in anyway, shape or form resembles the two onions it started out to be. And actually they looked quite good until the first nose dive.


By repair number five I was out of touch and out of light.


Having decided the Painting Gods were trying to tell me something I sat down to upload the slideshow only to discover I had erased it all from my phone.


I gave that up as a bad job, then spent an hour crawling around on the floor looking for two missing paint tube caps. Of course, none of the spares I keep in the bottom of my paint box for these little problems fit.


The atrocious price of paint is what kept me on my knees looking because of course these were two, count 'em two, Brand New just opened tubes of paint, the expensive kind.


And to make matters worse I appear to have a lump of very strong violet about my person somewhere.


Everything I touch is covered in purple goo including my laptop as is the carpet, which I still have to clean from the various nose dives that painting took.


I posted the painting, such as it, is to remind myself and others that the 30 Paintings in 30 Days is not about perfect paintings but about developing a good solid studio habit period.


Sooo... how did your day go?

todays treasure





No comments:

Post a Comment