Sunday 8 January 2017

Day 8 30 Paintings in 30 Days Jan 2017

Feel free to share

Day 8 30 Paintings in 30 Days


A good book is my great escape. Always has been. I've read a lot of books in my time both good and bad.


The truth is I'm a word junkie. In moments of desperation I've read the labels on cans and bottles.


Just words anywhere anytime pretty much but in a good book with a terrific story is as good as it gets. In fact better than most vacations I've been on.

AAlice Edwards --1949
A Good Book
8" x 6"

oil on canvas board

Books have helped me keep my mind when my world turns up side down. They've kept me company in times of loneliness and sorrow.


Books have educated me about the world I Iive in. The world that surrounds me has endless mysteries and stories, both plant and animal, human or stone.


People who like to read are intensely interested in life and are innately curious about everything.


So give us a good book that covers all the bases and we won't come out into this world until we understand the one between the book covers we're holding in our hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment