Sunday 14 February 2016

Patience Feb 10, 2016

Feb 10, 2016
Patience is wearing some colour today.
 

You ever notice that you get to yakking with an artist pal and time slides out from under you without so much as a by your leave?
 

Today it just did that. Did some research, went in town to the hospital (SMH) to measure and check out the hanging system for my April 1 show. By the time I corralled a volunteer to hold the other end of the measuring tape, I was running so far behind I was first in the world race of turtles.
 

Met up with an artist friend for a quick coffee and to bounce ideas. Then off to the local arts council office to meet with the executive-director. She had all kinds of useful information and paperwork galore. Lovely smile too.
 

From there to the printers to check on an order.  By the time I was finished the proofing, it was nearly dark. I knew Patience was waiting sitting on the easel all by herself.
 

Me? I was dying to get into the studio and sling a few licks of paint around. Patience was waiting. Everyone in the world decided to phone and none of those calls could be ignored.
 

But I did it! I got in there for a little while. Patience forgave me as I adjusted the background some more. Made more decisions about the lay in of paint, took a rough shot to show you where things stand today and well...
 

I realize that to others this all seems like it's taking a long time but it's necessary. Time to balance values, tones, colours, minute adjustments, small strokes of paint in the right place or the wrong places changes everything. Taking care. Exercising good judgement now will save me time in the long run.
 

In no time at all things will take off like a bat out of Hades. 

Patience will be happy wearing her own face and knitting up a storm.
 

In the meantime here is
Patience in process/progress
Feb10/2016/Alice Edwards#1009


 

No comments:

Post a Comment