Friday 5 February 2016

Feb 5, 2016


Feb 5, 2016

Today, I spent some time with an interesting person who has a kind heart to boot. Good way to live, love, learn and grow. I am constantly astonished at the good fortune I have in my friends. Between them all they make me a very rich woman.
 

She fed me sweet potato chips, parsnip chips and beet chips All are new to me. It was not only a mind expanding time but a tummy sweetener too.
 

I like going there. I learn stuff. All kinds of stuff. In her previous life she was a librarian. That means she's got all sorts of knowledge tucked away in her head. She's an art lover and a collector. So, there's lot's of eye candy too.
 

The way I figure it, if I'm smart, I'll listen to and get a free education in a variety of subjects there at the BBS. How good it that? And I got nibbles too.
 

 We were down a member. She ran off to do Granny stuff so all is forgiven, but next month she'd better show because I want to hear her take on things too.
 

I am so happy today, a dancer came forth. I'm pretty sure she'll become a painting dressed in her best and turning out a pretty leg.


I can tell I'll be back behind the easel pretty darn soon. Drawing is great fun but paintings have to happen. Shows are sneaking up on me at an astonishing pace.
 

Any day now I'll be painting my brains out in another sustained rush to a deadline.

Tomorrow though, I'm going to go paint at one of my favourite studios for a few hours, then off meet a couple of friends for a reunion coffee.


This is how I fortify myself for the next round of painting.
 

Good friends, some good talk, good food, and lots of ideas floating over them.

Here's today's treasure




Alice Edwards 1949 --
Tuttu
4 1/2" x 7"
Pencil on paper



No comments:

Post a Comment