Wednesday 10 February 2016

Feb 8, 2016 - Patience

Feb 8, 2016

Sometimes, I get to poking around in the studio and come across a piece I set aside during a move from one town to another.
 

Today, I fished this piece out and thought I'd look it over, then finish my knitter. She's from a 1760 reenactment battle staged in Tottenham a bunch of years ago.
 

I meant to finish this a while ago but got caught up in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge but today I made up my mind to just do it.
 

So she's up on the easel. Over the next few days of days I'll finish bringing her to life. She deserves that much from me.
 


My knitter has been patience personified, and so I've decided to name her Patience. It was an honourable name back in those days. She's quietly been living in the back of my studio storage area.
 

I took a black and white photograph to help me check the existing values, ( that's the light and dark areas), and made a few decisions about where I'll begin tomorrow.
 

I have a plan now.
 

Patience and I hope you'll join us tomorrow to begin watching her come to life under the brush
 

Patience in process/progress
Feb 8/2016/Alice Edwards#1009



No comments:

Post a Comment