Saturday 3 September 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days Sept 2016

Sept 3,  2016

Day 3  

It's been so hot this past summer. Like to melt you into a little grease spot.


So today, I found myself wishing for snow. Beautiful clear clean snow. I can remember getting into all the clothes you wore to go out to play in the snow when I was a kid.


By the time you were in your snow pants, assorted sweaters, boots and hat, not to mention the string from your mittens cutting the back of your neck and then got into your parka. You were melting. All sweaty and your mom hadn't even tied your scarf around you neck yet then you had to go to the bathroom.


So out of the outdoor clothes and then back into them only to get all sweaty again before you got out the door to play.


And it suddenly occurred to me that winter or summer aren't all that different.


In one season you melt from getting ready to go outside. In the other you're all sweaty and wishing you could take your skin off to cool down.


But I wished for snow today. and since I can't order it from the corner store I drew snow accouterments as a reminder of what's just around the corner weather wise.


 Here is today's treasure

Alice Edwards
After Playing in the Snow
5" x 6 1/4"
ink on paper




 



No comments:

Post a Comment