Tuesday 10 January 2017

Day 9 30 Paintings in 30 days Jan 2017


feel free to share
Day 9 30 Paintings in 30 Days - available pm me

Teddy bears are sacred. Most kids have one of some kind or other. Some adults sleep with one or keep them in plain sight in the bedroom feeling just a little safer knowing 'Teddy' (or fill in the Blank) is still watching over them.


The comfort offered by these creatures, (which sometimes doesn't actually look much like a bear anymore, that's when they are in disguise you see) is universal.



Alice Edwards 1949 --
Teddy
8" x 6"
oil on canvas board
Most times when a new baby comes into the world the first gift is a teddy bear.

Some people collect them, There are whole teddy bear communities out there and some very serious collectors. There are shows too. 

There's a teddy bear, exactly the right teddy bear, for everyone out there somewhere.

When I was a little girl I was given a record of ''The Teddy Bear's Picnic'. I loved that song. I still know all the words, " If you go... " I can heard the song in my mind as I type these words.

I didn't have a teddy bear I had other things but my daughter got me one. So did my son. I still have them both.


When I go see a brand new baby you better believe I bring one as my first offering to the new life that baby is, has and represents.


Do you know where your Teddy Bear is?

No comments:

Post a Comment